Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving

We have just had a most disappointing election. My heart just sank within me. Possibly because I have been studying Mormon 1-6 and I likened it to what is happening these days. This country is so corrupt. I know that the Lord is testing us. Hope that I have the faith to endure. Enough sadness. What am I thankful for? Oh, my. I have to say that finding the church has been the basis for all that has been good in my life. First, I found a place where I am happy. Its beliefs are my beliefs--long before I had ever heard of Joseph Smith. Next is Larry. I was so very lucky to have someone like him who puts up with my crazies. Next are my kids. They are the pride and joy of my life. I cannot adequately say how very sad I am at not having them all closeby to me. I recognize that I was such an incomplete mother but I did provide a foundation for their lives with the gospel. I think that they are all mostly happy. Some are still finding their way but it will happen. I am ready to get this house refurbished and sold. I am ready for our plans to begin but it won't happen for at least 18 months. So I am looking forward with some trepidation but not much. I know that the Lord is on my side and so I can't lose only grow stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment