Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's almost summer

In a few days it will be summer officially on June 21. And you know what it will be as well--our 37th wedding anniversary. That is so hard to believe. Time just flies by and if we don't do something (like scrapbooking, journaling) it will all be lost. I know that I had great times at Baylor but only a couple of people and events standout. The rest are mush. Actually, I can't remember what day it is. JK. I'm really sorry that I don't have my 3 oldest kids' baby books (they burned in our house fire) but I do have Karey's. It's truly sad that I haven't journaled so that I have every day memories. Wonder if this bit of insight will help me to journal? I do scrapbook (not very well)and will pass those books on to whomever. There is great joy in looking over those books.

Oh, yes, Summer. We have a garden and are enjoying the bounty. So far squash, peas, potatoes, a few tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, radishes and strawberries. We're waiting on carrots, spaghetti squash, watermelons, and cantaloupes. Then we're going to do our fall garden. Kris has been the worker in all this bounty. Wouldn't have had it without him.

I've got to go pick some more blackberries and some blueberries to freeze. They are wonderful to have in the winter--a taste of summer.

Today I'm having a nanny day with Caitlyn. Will start having days with each grandkid again this year. Those will be good days to write about..

No comments:

Post a Comment